Play Online Poker For Real Money In Malaysia: Newbies Guide
Whether you’re a casual player or a serious competitor, if you live in Malaysia and are interested in playing online poker for real money, there are a few things you need to know. The regulations surrounding online gambling in Malaysia are strict, but that doesn’t mean that it’s impossible to find sites willing to accept local players.
You just need to be careful about which sites you choose to play on and follow the correct steps to get started. This guide will explain everything you need to know about playing poker for real money in Malaysia.
Understanding The Rules Of Online Poker
Malaysia’s strict laws against online gambling make it very difficult for operators to operate and for players to play online poker for real money, but with a little patience and research, you can still find plenty of sites to choose from. There are 2 main rules you need to be aware of as a real money poker player in Malaysia.
You Have To Be 18 Or Older To Play
– Some sites may allow you to play as a minor if you have parental consent, but others will not. You must be of a legal age to play the games.
Download A Software That Hides Your IP Address
– Since operators cannot legally run real money poker games, you cannot play on the sites’ websites. Instead, you have to download a client which hides your location and IP address.
Know The Different Types Of Games You Can Play
If you’re serious about playing online poker for real money, you’ll want to become very familiar with the different types of games you can play. The most common form of poker is Texas Hold’em, which is the game played in real money poker rooms everywhere. Other games you may want to get familiar with include Omaha, Stud, and Draw.
There are also other variants of poker like Chinese poker, five-card draw, and many more, each of which has its own rules and strategies. If you’re a beginner, the best thing you can do is start with Texas Hold’em and Omaha. You can then move on to other games once you have a good grasp on the basics.
Pick Your Game And Know The Rules Before You Start Playing
You don’t have to play just one game for the rest of your life. You can pick and choose which games you want to play as you gain experience and build your bankroll. The one thing you need to do before you play online poker for real money, though, is to make sure you know the rules of each game inside and out. If you don’t understand the rules, don’t play that game.
You need to know how each game is played before you start playing online poker for real money because a lot of the time, you will be playing against people who know what they’re doing. You also want to make sure you know the rules because some sites will let you play certain games for free to build up your experience before you start playing for money.
Three Steps To Start Playing Poker For Real Money
As we mentioned above, you have to make sure your online poker client is hidden from prying eyes. With that in mind, here are the three steps to start playing online poker for real money in Malaysia.
- – First, download a poker client that’s designed to work in Malaysia. You can use our guide to find out which sites accept Malaysian players.
- – Second, find a site that’s willing to accept Malaysian players. At the time of writing, there are only a few sites that do this, but there are plenty of resources online to help find them.
- – It’s beneficial to take the website’s ambassador into account while choosing a site. Ronnie O’Sullivan, a legend in the game of snooker, is a good and trusted example of it.
- – Third, once you’ve downloaded your poker client and logged into your account, make sure you’re using a VPN to hide your IP address.
How To Find Reputable Sites To Play Poker
There are a few things you should look for when choosing a reputable poker site that offers real money poker in Malaysia and here are some examples:
- – Look for a site that accepts Malaysian players.
- – Find out if there are any special rules and restrictions for Malaysian players.
- – Look for a site that is easy to navigate, offers prompt customer service, and has a good reputation.
- – Several poker sites have different rules for Malaysian players. Be careful about which sites you choose to play at.
- – Look for sites that has a well-known and trusted personality campaigning for them like the snooker superstar, Ronnie O’Sullivan.
- – Once you find a site that you like, sign up for an account and proceed to the next step.
Be Wary Of Any Site That Offers Bonuses Or Free Spins
The vast majority of poker sites that accept Malaysian players offer some kind of bonus. This means that they give you free money to get you to start playing on their site. The problem is that a lot of these sites make it almost impossible to cash out the bonus. In some cases, you have to make a deposit first to be able to withdraw it.
They also make the bonus work almost like a loan so if you don’t meet a certain requirement, you have to pay it back. This is just one way that these sites trick you into staying on the site and playing there for longer than you’d like. They hope that, by giving you a bonus that you have to work hard to get rid of, you’ll decide to stay and keep playing.
The Bottom Line
Online poker is a social and competitive game, and you have the chance to win big and make a lot of money. Unfortunately, due to Malaysia’s strict laws against online gambling, it’s difficult to find real-money poker sites that accept Malaysian players. You can still find sites, though.
You just have to be careful about which ones you choose to play on and follow the correct steps to get started. If you want to play online poker for real money, you have to make sure that you follow the rules and find reputable sites to play on. You also have to get used to using a VPN to hide your IP address.